As the world becomes increasingly digitised, more and more companies are looking for ways to encourage team building and creativity. One unique way to do this is by organising team-cycling outings.
Cycling is a low-impact activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities, making it the perfect option for corporate team building. In addition, cycling provides an opportunity to get some fresh air and enjoy the outdoors.
Choose a bike trail or a scenic cycling route that everyone will enjoy, and make it more fun with extra snacks and delicious food to enjoy during the stops. These outings are perfect for teams who love nature! Even if you don’t have a team who love nature, cycling is a relatively easy outdoor activity that anyone will find enjoyable. Not only will they help to build unity within the team, but they will also provide a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
How Cycling Can Help Build the Team Spirit?
- foster new relationshipsCycling is a great way to get some exercise, and it’s also a great way to bond with co-workers. Shy people may find that they are more open when cycling together, and those who are already outgoing may find that they form new friendships more easily. Either way, cycling can have a positive impact on team spirit by fostering new relationships.
- explore new areas and cuisineCycling together as a team can have some delicious benefits – literally! Getting out and exploring new areas on two wheels can introduce you to all sorts of new and exciting cuisine. Whether it’s grabbing a post-ride coffee and pastry at a local bakery or stopping for a leisurely lunch at a new restaurant, cycling can be a great way to team bonding over food. And what could be better than enjoying delicious food together while getting some exercise in and taking in the fresh air?
- trying something new and being activeCycling together as a team can have some great benefits for team spirit. For some people, it may be a new experience and something they’ve never done before. Getting active and trying new things together can help to build bonds within the group. It’s also a great way to get some exercise and fresh air. And of course, if you can manage to have a few laughs along the way, all the better.If you can find a scenic route to cycle, even better! Taking in some beautiful scenery while getting some exercise is a great way to reduce stress and feel good. That’s why we’ve listed some of the most exciting trails for you to cycle together in Singapore.
Exciting Places for Cycling Trails in Singapore
When you go cycling with your team, it’s important to find a bike trail that’s both scenic and enjoyable. Luckily, there are plenty of park connectors in Singapore that fit the bill. Not only do they provide a convenient way to get from one park to another, but they also take in some of the city’s most beautiful scenery.
They provide a safe, traffic-free environment for you to enjoy the beautiful scenery and get some exercise at the same time. Plus, they’re a great way to break up the monotony of looking at the desk all day.
Additionally to all that, as an experienced team building company in Singapore, we’ve compiled some of the most exciting places that’s perfect for cycling and team building activities.
- east coast parkEast Coast Park is the perfect place to go cycling in Singapore. With around 15km of coastal parkland, it offers plenty of space for cyclists of all levels to explore.This park is also home to a number of cafes and restaurants, so cyclists can refuel after a long ride. From its stunning waterfront views to its convenient location, East Coast Park is the perfect place to go cycling in Singapore.
- marina bay sandsThis iconic destination offers stunning views of the city skyline, as well as plenty of space to explore on two wheels. Best of all, there’s no need to worry about traffic – the area is pedestrian-friendly and cyclists are welcome.The route starts at the Helix bridge, which offers stunning views of the cityscape. From there, it’s a short ride to the Esplanade and Merlion Park where you can take a break and enjoy the sights. The journey then continues along the waterfront before looping back around to Marina Bay Sands. Along the way, you’ll get to see some of Singapore’s most iconic landmarks and enjoy the fresh sea breeze.
- Northern explorer loopThere are many great places to go cycling in Singapore, but one of the best is the northern loop. This workout will take you through some of the city’s most scenic spots, including Admiralty Park and Woodlands Waterfront Park.The panoramic views of the cityscape are unbeatable, and you’ll get a great workout in as well. Plus, there are plenty of stops along the way where you can rest and admire the view.
- round island routeThis stunning sunrise-to-sunset adventure takes you on a breathtaking journey around the eastern half of the island. The route is ideal for both casual cyclists and those looking for a challenge. There are also plenty of rest stops along the way, so you can take a break and enjoy the scenery.Some of the parks and features of this route includes:
- Rower’s Bay Park
- Pasir Ris Park
- Changi Beach Park
Singapore is an island with a lot to offer in terms of scenic cycling routes. From exploring the nature trails at Pulau Ubin to cycling along the picturesque East Coast Park, there’s definitely a route for everyone. And if you’re looking for something a little more challenging, you can always try your hand at mountain biking at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve.
Cycling routes at certain places such as Pulau Ubin and Ketam Mountain might require you to take a ferry from the Changi Point Ferry Terminal, which gives you an additional interesting experience.
Here are some additional options of places for you and your team to explore during your cycling trip:
- Chestnut Nature Park
- Jurong Lake Gardens
- Punggol Waterway Park
- Bukit Batok Nature Park
- Coney Island
Not sure where to go? Don’t panic! Come to us with your dream-team experience, and we’ll sort all the rest.
The “I don’t have a bike!” scenario
You just announced the big plan of taking a day off and going on a team-cycling adventure, but then one of your employees says, “but I don’t have a bike!”
Do you cancel all the plans and return back to work? Of course not!
Bicycle rental shops are a great option for those who don’t own a bike. These shops usually have a wide selection of bikes to choose from, including electric bicycles, road bikes, and even a little something for the mountain bikers. And best of all, you don’t have to worry about maintenance or storage – just ride and return the bike when you’re done.
Either way, you can always discuss your team’s preferences and we’ll take care of all the technicalities. So, what are you waiting for? Build your dream team with the best team-building activity now!