In a modern WFH-centric world, companies try to find new ways to build trust, teamwork, and company culture through remote team building activities.
To help you, we’ve compiled a list of fun virtual team building activities that companies and organizations use to provide a fun virtual team building activity for everyone. Scroll down to learn more!
Virtual team building activities for remote teams
- Ice breaker questions – When it comes to virtual team building activities, you’re going to find it hard to get your team to bond if everyone’s all tensed up. It’s advisable to provide a series of ice breaker questions for your remote team members to lighten up the mood for the upcoming series of team building activities to lighten the mood. Think of questions along the lines of “Be honest, how often do your work from bed?”
- Virtual scavenger hunt – This game isn’t that complicated, but it can be really fun for every team member. The gist of the game is that you will prepare a list of items that your remote workers will have to find inside their house. The first one to bring the item wins!
- Online lunch date – It’s like one of those virtual meetings, but with no work to be discussed. Instead, remote employees will gather in a video call with their meals on the table. Employees can expense the company to get their favorite food delivered, go to their preferred cafe or restaurant, or cook a nice lunch at home. Over lunch, your virtual teams can share stories over a delicious meal and develop camaraderie and company culture.
- The Squid Game – If you’ve been following social media lately, you’ll know that everyone is addicted to Squid Game, a Korean TV series on Netflix. In this online edition of the popular game created by Happy Sparrow, of course, you won’t have to send your to a remote island to play for the prize. Instead, you will bring out the creativity, critical thinking, speed, courage, and composure of every team member as they play this popular team-building game.
- So You Think You Can Act – One of the more unique virtual team building ideas, So You Think You Can Act will allow you to channel the hidden actors, actresses, writers, and videographers in your employees. Trust us; you’d be surprised with the talents you never knew your employees had. In this game, your virtual teams will pick a movie trailer. They need to recreate the trailer, but with a twist; they have to change the entire feel of the trailer, such as turning a comedy movie trailer into a horror-themed trailer.
- Indiana Jones Virtual Engagement Adventures – This virtual game will bring out the adventurers in your remote team online. You will group your virtual teams into distributed teams. Then, there will be a set of missions that each team needs to accomplish. Of course, these missions are designed to be done in a fun way. This game is a good example of online games that will build teamwork and situational awareness.
“None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” – Mother Teresa
Pushing team members forward
For virtual or hybrid teams, if you want them to succeed, you need to put your remote teams in the position to succeed. You can achieve this with virtual team building Singapore. With virtual team building events and team building games, you and your other team members can build a relationship that will make you more than colleagues.